What you need to know
What is orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics is concerned with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of poorly positioned teeth and jaws, and associated irregularities of the face.
The process in brief:
- Consultation with patient
- Orthodontic records (x-rays / photos / models) taken
- Treatment planning/diagnosis
- Treatment options discussed with patient
- Treatment commences
How much will it cost?
Our costs are competitive. Actual costs vary depending on the severity of the problem and the complexity and length of treatment. The fee is provided before treatment begins with no hidden costs.
Here is what you might pay for orthodontic treatment:
- a simple treatment over 6 to 12 months with a removable plate: $2500
- a bionator to align the jaws over 12 months: $2800
- fixed appliances [braces] over 6 to 12 months: $4200
- a combination of appliances for, say, 2 to 3 years: up to $7000 for really serious problems
And if you live in Auckland you will find this is a pretty good deal
How long will it take?
From a few months to several years depending on the treatment required. This will be discussed with you in the treatment planning so you have a clear idea before treatment begins.